Monday 6 April 2020

Nail Bites - Tortoiseshell isn’t just for cats!

I have had plenty of time to explore new designs.
Not only to explore, but also to have the confidence to try them out. It is quite daunting when a client asks for some nail art that they might have seen somewhere - the nail tech has to work out how best to translate it to the client’s own nail.
This takes time, patience, and artistry. It helps if a client can mention their desire for a piece of nail art when booking their appointment - creating something bespoke can add ten minutes or more to the nail - imagine a set of ten nails, and creating a piece of artwork for each nail!
Inspired by the markings of a beautiful, haughty cat I had seen when out walking, I decided to try a tortoiseshell design, carefully applying the markings, then helping them to ‘blur’ into each other. I excitedly added the top coat, which revealed a gorgeous deeply marbled design! Wow! To prove this wasn’t a one-off, I repeated the design. The very nature of the design means that each one is unique, and so my second one was slightly different, although it would still sit nicely next to my original design.
Imagine this as a feature nail, sitting regally next to maybe a Mocha coloured set ... or a Cinnamon coloured set...?
Inspired? I am!


Proud to be a Nail tech

www.nailstoyou.uk 
Facebook.com/nailstoy0u 
Info@nailstoyou.uk
07727 110413



No comments:

Post a Comment