Monday 20 April 2020

Nail bites - fluttery pinks

Pink is always a personal favourite, whatever the occasion and whatever the time of year. 
At this time of year, while out walking, there is plenty of inspiration from he natural world. While out, I have also seen a few bumble bees! These lumbering, fluffy insects that go about their business, finding the flowers to satisfy their search for nectar. 
When I returned home, I wanted to try my hand at creating a bee on a nail swatch. This wasn’t as easy as I thought it might be! I didn’t want to paint a cartoon version, I wanted my bee to represent a proper portly bumble. 
I placed him against a pale pink background, and painted him by hand using a watercolour effect. It was fun, and I learned a lot about how the gel colours can be manipulated for different effects. 

Have a look, what do you think?


Proud to be a Nail tech


07727 110413

No comments:

Post a Comment