Wednesday 29 April 2020

Nail bites - don’t bite them!

I used to bite my nails. Badly! My Dad was always on at me, and I couldn’t understand why! He even bribed me with a beautiful manicure set with my initials on it ... I stopped for a while, it was lovely having lovely girly nails with pretty nail polish ... but I couldn’t help myself, it didn’t last ... sorry Dad!
But now, the thought of nibbling my own nails is quite disgusting! (But I have to confess to a little ‘trimming’ of excess skin!).
My nails are quite decent now. They don’t seem to have suffered too much from years of biting them down. I don’t grow them too long - that’s a recipe for breakages!
But, and I don’t know if this is because I used to bite them, I get a lot of excess hard skin growth around the finger walls of my nails.
I did myself a gel manicure last Friday - a lovely blue, with blueish glitter in a reverse French mani drawing up from the base of each nail. It was ok, there was nothing wrong with the application of the manicure. But I wasn’t happy. The reason? A couple of my nails had some hard growth up the walls of the nail. It probably wasn’t noticeable, but I wasn’t happy about it.
So I have been applying cuticle oil twice a day for the last week! I didn’t think it would make much difference.
But I can tell you - the cuticle oil worked!
My fingers look much better, the hard skin is almost all gone, and my nails look so much better for it!
So I can honesty say, ladies - cuticle oil is the way forward!

Paint the cuticle oil around the edge of each nail, and gently massage it in. At least twice a day! Treat your nail as precious jewels. We all apply decent moisturiser to our faces, so let’s treat our nails with the same respect! They will in turn reward us with beautiful nails - nail polish or not, that’s your choice!

Visit my website for spa goodies to treat yourself at home





Proud to be a Nail tech
Facebook.com/nailstoy0u 
Info@nailstoyou.uk
07727 110413

No comments:

Post a Comment