Thursday 14 May 2020

Nail bites - nail biter!

It’s a nasty habit, I know. I used to do it! 
I’d stop, then start ... I think I was just not very good at maintaining my nails so they never looked particularly nice. And I am very fussy about painting them - it has to be perfect! Any smudge and I would have to remove all the polish. 

How did I stop? It wasn’t easy. I tried the anti nail biting stuff you put on the nails - it tasted disgusting, but I was quite determined. I always ended up biting them, especially if one broke or split. 
They’re ok now. I maintain their length and shape. I prefer them with polish on! Even if its a base coat and a shiny top coat it helps the nails - there are plenty of good base coats now which actually nourish the nail.

A gel polish manicure gives the nails some strength. They are not so easy to nibble at, and you can see the re-growth at the base of the nail - which is encouraging to be able to see them grow! I always use a primer before the base coat, to help protect and nourish the nail. And of course twice daily treatments of cuticle oil! My nails grow quite quickly - after a week I have several millimetres of growth showing.

I can’t wait to get back to my lovely clients!





Proud to be a Nail tech
Facebook.com/nailstoy0u 
Info@nailstoyou.uk
07727 110413

No comments:

Post a Comment