Monday 30 March 2020

My own manicure

I wanted a gentle, subtle colour for my own nails.
To compliment the pastels of Spring as the colours of the earth gradually warm up before the riot of Summer flowers fill our senses with colour and gorgeous smells.
So, for several days I enjoyed the luxury of time given to me. I treated my nails to plenty of Cuticle Oil and long massages, and filed the free edge of each nail to a uniform length that I feel comfortable with: I don’t like them too long, they grow so quickly so within a week I feel that they are almost unmanageable. Equally, I don’t like them too short, but sometimes this is unavoidable especially when you have a split nail as I have!
I chose a very nude pink, barely discernible from my own natural nails. It is almost like a wash over the nail; you can see the white of each nail through the gel.
To add some interest, I chose to apply a flower from my nail stamping kit: this works in the same way as any stamping kit. You fill the chosen design on the plate with your colour, ‘pick up’ the design with your ‘stamper’, and place it on the nail. Now this sounds extremely simple, but in all honesty it took a while to find the correct technique! It was very frustrating and I almost gave up. But thankfully, I persevered and managed to get it right. I am glad that I did, because it is a great way to personalise your manicure, and looks very effective!
After applying a top coat, my manicure is complete - pic below. I have to say that I am rather pleased with the result 😁.
Let me know what you think!












Proud to be a Nail tech

www.nailstoyou.uk 
Info@nailstoyou.uk
07727 110413

No comments:

Post a Comment