Monday 15 June 2020

Nail bites - Dry nails?

No one has perfect nails; they are all unique and individual, in the same way that we have different skin needs. And nails age as our skin ages. The nails can become brittle, or split and flake easily, and pick up lumps and bumps long the way. 
I have noticed that my nails have ridges and various imperfections. When I have been to a beauty salon for a manicure, the technician has always buffed the nail plate until it was perfectly smooth, in spite of me asking them not to! This is fine up to a point - a gel manicure will not ‘stick’ to an oily nail. But I have found that there are other ways which are kinder to the nail.
I never buff the nail plate. The products I use are self-levelling and any bumps or ridges are usually ‘lost’ with application of the product. But for a deeply ridged nail - I would still advise against buffing the nail plate, embrace the different texture!Maybe even incorporate it into a design.
But in the meantime, as we wait for the lockdown to allow us to work on beautifying your nails once more, please please keep using that cuticle oil and look after those nails as best as you can! 








Proud to be a Nail tech
Facebook.com/nailstoy0u 
Info@nailstoyou.uk
07727 110413 

No comments:

Post a Comment