Tuesday 2 June 2020

Lockdown manicure anyone?

Over the course of the lockdown we have all been deprived of different parts of our lives that we have always taken for granted. 
We haven’t seen our family, friends. Shopping is not the experience it was. No pubs, cafes, restaurants are open. We have to observe social distancing - two metres away  from each other. But still people are dying of this terrible virus.

And yet, I am absolutely flabbergasted that I am taking calls from ladies who think that I am able to go to their homes and give them a gel manicure! I am absolutely staggered that they are surprised when I say that because of lockdown rules it is actually illegal for hairdressers, beauty salons, and of course mobile manicurists to work!!!
I am fully qualified in what I do, and I am also fully insured. If anything went wrong - and it could do for any one of us - insurance will not cover me. 
BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO OFFER THESE SERVICES AT THE MOMENT!
And yet I know that some mobile techs are still working. They aren’t insured. I doubt whether they are actually qualified. 
Ladies who are using these services are risking their health. The lockdown is here for a reason. When we able to finally work there will be a lot of rules - around PPE, protocol, and procedures. 
I will not be working until I am absolutely certain that it is legal, and I can work safely - I value my safety, and the safety of my clients.











Proud to be a Nail tech - Qualified & Insured!
Facebook.com/nailstoy0u 
Info@nailstoyou.uk
07727 110413

No comments:

Post a Comment